Goldsmith Williams Terms of Agreement
In this Agreement the following expressions shall bear the meanings respectively assigned to them except to the extent that the context requires to the contrary:
Client/lead - any person or persons who have been introduced to us by you
Cold calling - unsolicited visits, letters, telephone calls, clipboarding or direct approach to any member of the public
Instruction - the instruction given by the client/potential client to us which may result in us acting on their behalf in connection with a matter
Legal & Admin / Referral Fee - any payment to you for introducing, monitoring or assisting throughout a matter
SRA Code - The SRA Code of Conduct 2011 or amendment thereof
Terms of this Agreement
1. We will introduce clients for the purpose of legal work under the provisions of the SRA Code of Conduct.
2. We confirm that we conduct our business in compliance with FCA regulations.
3. We agree not introduce or attempt to introduce any client to us as a consequence of marketing or publicity or other activities which if done by a solicitor would be in breach of their Code of Conduct and in particular by Cold Calling.
4. We agree that we will comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 ("DPA 1998") when obtaining Clients’ personal data (as defined in the DPA 1998) on any website and disclosing such personal data when referring Clients to us under this Agreement.
5. We agree to comply with the SRA Code of Conduct.
6. We agree that we will advise the client that there is a financial arrangement between us
7. We agree to accept the independence of the professional advice of Goldsmith Williams.
8. We agree to accept that clients will receive impartial and confidential advice and are free to choose another solicitor.
9. We agree to accept that Goldsmith Williams will control the professional work in accordance with the instructions of the client.
10. We agree to accept that Goldsmith Williams will not reveal any information without the client’s consent.
11. We agree to accept that Goldsmith Williams will review this agreement periodically in compliance with theSRA Code of Conduct.
12. We agree to accept that Goldsmith Williams will periodically ask clients if they have been cold called or other questions in order to monitor our compliance with the SRA Code of Conduct.
13. Before accepting any instructions Goldsmith Williams will provide the Client with all information concerning the introduction and, in particular, the amount of any fee payable;
14. That Goldsmith Williams will not, knowingly, accept any instructions which have been acquired as a consequence of marketing, publicity or other activities which would be in breach of our Code of Conduct and in particular by cold calling.
15. If Goldsmith Williams have reason to believe that we are breaching the terms of this Agreement they will give us written notice of the same and will require satisfactory evidence that the breach has been remedied within 14 days. If either the breach is not remedied or we persist in committing further breaches they will immediately terminate this Agreement without notice.
16. Goldsmith Williams reserve the right to refuse to act for a client that is introduced and we do not have to provide a reason to either the Client or you for the decision however they will not do so as a result of any discrimi